Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Joys of Fatherhood

Several weeks ago I was getting my oldest son ready for bed. [That sounds great by the way, 'my oldest son']. This nightly event includes, among other things, changing him into his jammies and changing his diaper. Everything was going as usual until my wife asked me a question. I had just put Aiden on his back in order to begin changing his diaper. I looked up to answer Kirsten's question, just as I had taken off Aiden's diaper. About half-way through my answer I felt something warm and wet on my pant leg. I looked down just in time to see the last bit of Aiden urine streaming out of him and onto my leg. As any red-blooded anyone would do when realizing he's been peed on, I jumped back away from the spray. This jumping, of course, made Aiden laugh--and laugh hard. And what happens when you laugh really hard? You guessed it, you pee more. And more he did. He laughed so hard it made him pee even more on my pant leg. This is made all the more amazing when it is realized that I had jumped back a good six or seven inches. Quite a range that boy has .

2 Comments:

Blogger keely said...

How I wish I could have seen that.

9:09 AM  
Blogger E said...

Jenna has peed many times in that same situation. But, poor girl, she just soaks herself and we have to bathe her. You'd think she'd catch on...

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home