Friday, March 18, 2005

Minding Things (pt. 2): Or, Pursuing the Peace and Purity of the Church

Lest I become J-Do and write a dissertation in one blog, I thought I'd break up my mind-weighing thoughts. I've also been concerned about current happenings in the PCA. I have a friend who is undergoing severe scrutiny for his views on certain issues. Here is his response to many of the charges made against him. At the very least it deserves a fair reading, something that he (or many others like him) haven't recieved. Whether you know what I'm talking about or not, even if you know and agree or don't agree pray for the peace and purity of the church. I'm finding that striking that balance is difficult. It is even more so when many on one side are (seemingly) more interested in things other than fair and honest discourse and disagreement.

4 Comments:

Blogger Justin Donathan said...

Hey I split my posts up to. I have one about Emergent Stuff, and one about FV stuff. I guess I have to admit though that one is dissertation length, and the other one would have been were it not for the informal gag order I'm operating under. Strange that we are writing about all the same things.... unless you have been copying my blog. Seriously though I think it is good to see so many even lay people responding too these issues and recognizing the unfairness that has been going on.

6:20 PM  
Blogger OneoftheServens said...

The only thing I have to add, and I too grieve my friend Mark Horne's name, is that at some point we have to actually trust the process. There are a lot of people involved in this discussion, and not all of them hate/defame/slander people.
I think Mark's defense is succint and well stated. He should offer it honestly, proudly and even deferentially.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

It's hard to trust the process when many men don't seem to care about the process.

8:38 PM  
Blogger OneoftheServens said...

How's that?

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home